Rev. Bruce Flannagan
Principal, St. Mary School
Religious Ed. Director, Gr 1-10
Religious Ed. Youth Director
Music Director, 774-7575
Victoria Woodley and Larry Kucy
RCIA Directors, 774-7575
Altie Nichols Secretary/Receptionist, 774-7575
Official Church Resources
Catechism of the Catholic Church http://www.scborromeo.org/ccc.htm
• "Catechesis is an education in the faith of children, young people and adults which includes especially the teaching of Christian doctrine imparted, generally speaking, in an organic and systematic way, with a view to initiating the hearers into the fullness of Christian life." The on-line pages of the Catechism of the Catholic Church are broken up into logical units, each containing the appropriate footnotes related to the text therein.
The Vatican http://www.vatican.va/phome_en.htm
• The official site of the Holy See
Local Catholic Resources
The Archdiocese of Boston www.bostoncatholic.org
• The Archdiocese of Boston is the fourth largest archdiocese in the United States and is the spiritual home for more than 1.8 million Catholics. Visiting our homepage is a great way to learn more about the Archdiocese, its parishes and its people. We also offer Catholics an opportunity to discover their faith through CatholicTV and its exciting and wide-ranging programming featuring most prominently the Daily Mass. Please visit www.catholictv.com to learn more. The Archdiocese also publishes the oldest Catholic newspaper in the country, The Pilot, in a new and easier to read format as well as online at www.thebostonpilot.com. Cardinal Seán publishes a weekly blog recapping his week serving the Catholic community as Archbishop (www.cardinalseansblog.org ). In addition, people are encouraged to sign up for delivery of the Cardinal’s weekly email in an effort to increase communication and connection among Catholics across the Archdiocese (you can sign up by visiting www.bostoncatholic.org ).
The Office for Youth Ministry http://www.oymboston.org/
• A web site dedicated to helping parishes, families and Young Adults grow closer in their relationship to our Lord.
Other Catholic Links of Interest
National Association of Catholic Bishops http://www.usccb.org/
• The United States Conference of Catholic Bishops (USCCB) is an assembly of the hierarchy of the United States and the U.S. Virgin Islands who jointly exercise certain pastoral functions on behalf of the Christian Faithful of the United States.
Catholic Information Network http://www.cin.org/
• Catholic Information Network (CIN) offers a free exchange of news, Information and discussion, and is not an official organ of the Catholic Church
Saints by day calendar http://www.americancatholic.org/Features/Saints/bydate.asp
• This calendar includes saints on the General Roman Calendar as well as other holy people for each day of the year. Some feast dates on the AmericanCatholic.org calendar fall on days other than the official feast day
Christ's Faithful People http://www.cfpeople.org/CFPMain.htm
• A community of Christians committed to proclaiming the Good News revealed to us in Sacred Scripture through the Divine Inspiration of the Holy Spirit. Our invitation to all visitors of this WEB site is to hear the call of the Gospel "...You too go into my vineyard, and I will give you what is just." [Matt 20:4] for "The harvest is abundant but the laborers are few; so ask the master of the harvest to send out laborers for his harvest." [Matt 9:37-38]
US Catholic http://www.uscatholic.org/
• U.S. Catholic is dedicated to the belief that it makes a difference whether you're Catholic. We believe that Catholicism is a spiritual path that makes sense, a way to live a better and richer life. We invite and help our readers to explore the wisdom of their faith tradition and to apply that faith to the challenges of life in the 21st century.
Traveling Mass Times http://www.masstimes.org/
• Mass Times was developed in 1994 to help traveling Catholics in the USA, find a nearby church and its schedule of religious services. The information was collected from dioceses and parishes throughout the USA and made available by telephone and in 1998, by Internet inquiry
Catholic Library http://catholicexchange.com/
• By offering accessible articles and helpful tools for spiritual growth, Catholic Exchange seeks to enable all to be enriched and strengthened in their Christian faith as proclaimed by the Catholic Church. We seek to make saints in our own time — especially among those who live busy lives but still seek to grow in friendship with Christ.
• Daily Readings http://www.usccb.org/nab/today.shtml
• Brought to you by the Us Conference of Catholic Bishops, this web site offers The Readings for each Day, Stations of the Cross, Prayer of the Day, and Saint of the Day.
Catholic Charities http://www.catholiccharitiesusa.org
•Catholic Charities USA is the membership association of one of the nation's largest social service networks. Catholic Charities agencies and institutions nationwide provide vital social services to people in need, regardless of their religious, social, or economic backgrounds. Catholic Charities USA supports and enhances the work of its membership by providing networking opportunities, national advocacy and media efforts, program development, training and technical assistance, and financial support.
Eternal Word Television Network http://www.ewtn.com/
• EWTN Global Catholic Network airs family and religious programming from a Catholic point of view in English and Spanish. Providing more than 80% original programming, EWTN offers inspiring talk shows, entertaining children's animation, exclusive teaching series, live coverage of Church events, and thought-provoking documentaries. Beyond the broadcast vision, however, first and foremost, the spiritual heart of the EWTN mission is to bring the Eternal Word of Jesus Christ to all
Boston Catholic Television http://www.catholictv.org/
• Catholic Television in Boston is a beacon of Hope and a unique Herald of the simple, yet profound Message of Jesus, Who is made truly present among us in the Breaking of the Bread. Utilizing powerful technology, we strive to connect People of Faith. Through relevant, inspiring and prayerful programming we educate, teaching the Wisdom of God in the Catholic Tradition, endeavoring to move people of all ages, cultures and attitudes toward the Fullness of Life.
TBN: Your Destiny http://www.tbn.org/index.php/1.htm
• Reaching the World with Faith, TBN is the world’s largest religious network and America’s most watched faith channel. TBN offers 24 hours of commercial-free inspirational programming that appeal to people in a wide variety of Protestant, Catholic and Messianic Jewish denominations.
Catholic News Links
The following links provide local, regional, national and internation news, including Christian issues as well as current events. Please explore the web sites as a way of broadening your vision and perspective.
• Catholic On-line http://www.catholic.org
• National Catholic Reporter http://ncronline.org/
• Zenit News Agency http://www.zenit.org/
• Catholic Communication Network http://www.cathcom.net/
Other Links of Interest
Meditations for Women http://www.meditationsforwomen.com
• Meditations for Women was started because of a deep desire to share information about being happy and fulfilled. We are here to empower you toward success, self-discovery and inner awareness. We want you to push past your obstacles, achieve your goals and, ultimately, improve your quality of living.
My Daily Insights http://www.mydailyinsights.com
• Inspirational Quotes and Motivational Quotes Every Day
Thomas More Law Firm http://www.thomasmore.org/
• The Thomas More Law Center is a not-for-profit public interest law firm dedicated to the defense and promotion of the religious freedom of Christians, time-honored family values, and the sanctity of human life. Our purpose is to be the sword and shield for people of faith, providing legal representation without charge to defend and protect Christians and their religious beliefs in the public square.
Movie Reviews http://www.usccb.org/movies/
• Movie and family video reviews by the US Bishops
Town Of Danvers http://www.danvers.govoffice.com/